The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ending

3 posters

Go down

The Ending Empty The Ending

Post  The Chartographer Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 am

Hey how do you think this whole thing should end? The reason I bring this up is because a lot of games seem to lack a good, satisfying ending. This goes double for the actual level. See, I always saw the final level (and by extension the final boss) to be a sort of final exam for the player. The true test of everything they've learned up to that point. Here is where all remaining loose-ends and story arcs pertaining to our adventure should find closure.

So yeah, thoughts?

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

The Ending Empty Re: The Ending

Post  Silvergun1 Thu May 31, 2012 6:09 pm

I think...we should wait a while before we come up with the actual ending, but at the very least, I can definitely think of how the final boss would play out. Remember how some people in the gaming industry have speculated that EA may end up buying out THQ? And how we decided that THQ was a powerful multi-class necromorph? How about this: right before the final fight, EA kidnaps THQ and absorbs its power in front of all 4 parties. You do end up fighting EA in his standard form before this happens, but after he does absorb THQ, he splits up into one monster for each member of all of your parties. Each monster resembles a shadowy version of a monster that relates to a boss in a game from each developer. For example, Nintendo gets Bowser, etc. Each member must fight each boss character and win. Then, EA puts himself back together and splits into 4 monsters, one for each party. Each of these forms has two phases. Then, finally, in the culmination of the fight, EA turns into the gigantic eye-and-hands type monster we envisioned him to be and, for the final fight of the game, every single member of every party (that you've unlocked, of course) fights against EA at once. We'll think about how that would work out when we come to it. For the final fight we could give EA about 3 or more forms, I suppose. And that's what I've got so far. Also, if we work hard over the course of the years we make this to find enough talented individuals, we could seriously give each form of each monster EA transforms into its own theme.
I'm serious. When it comes to music, I want us to put the same work ethic into it that was done with Brawl.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Thu May 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Well then. That's a great idea. It will take a ton of work, but once this summer is done I'll (ironically) have more free time to get a ton of work done for this. Let's not fucus on the ending for now, but keep ideas in the back of our minds however and share them occasionally.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum