The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status Effects

3 posters

Go down

Status Effects Empty Status Effects

Post  Sir Spritefag Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm

I've been meaning to make this topic for a while.
So, for anyone who hasn't noticed in the Combat topic, we came up with the idea that status effects should be based off things from the game industry.
I'll be making a list of some of the ideas presented in that topic as well as some I just came up with.
Post your ideas and I'll add them to the list in this first post. You can also suggest changes for the ones already on the list. If your idea is good enough, of course.

• Casualized- Strength Down temporarily
  • Streamlined- Speed Up temporarily
  • Visibly Frightened (need a more related name?)- Chance for stun, chance for enemy to run away.
  • Glitched- Disable skills
  • Mindfuck- Confusion
  • Patch- Temporary Regen?
  • Freeze Up- Frozen
  • Overheat- Burn

Last edited by Sir Spritefag on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Status Effects Empty Re: Status Effects

Post  Silvergun1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 pm

I guess I really only have a problem with the visibly frightened thing. Being frozen up is already being stunned and unable to do something, so I was thinking that being visibly frightened is just something that makes you or the enemy too afraid to merely attack. And yeah, like I said before, sometimes it can cause enemies to flee from battle altogether.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

So it'd be like pokemon's paralysis where there's a chance they won't attack as well as the chance that they'd run away?

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Meh...I suppose that's the best way of doing it.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chartographer Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:55 am

I was thinking we could have some status effect give both positive and negative effects. That way we can add a level of strategy. Instead of support characters tossing buffs and debuffs every where, the player will have to really think about whether or not what they're about to cast will be at all helpful.

For example, I find Streamlined to be both a good or bad thing depending on who you ask. It still means a certain aspect has been simplified, but for efficiency's sake. So we can reflect that by making it so anyone under it's effect could have a temporary boost to damage output, and their attacks almost never miss. However, you can't land critical hits and the damage isn't greater than landing a Red Frame attack. So to illustrate:

Standard (Yellow Frame) Attack: 90-105 dmg
Weak (Failed Frame) Attack: 70-85 dmg
Red Frame Attack: 125-145 dmg
Critical Hit: 185-235 dmg
Streamlined Attack: 120-125 dmg

This leaves the player wondering if they should risk landing that Red Frame or go with the safer bet of landing consistent hits (notice the smaller difference with the Streamlined Attack). I imagine this can be used on allies in order to reduce the risk of wasting MP on an easy to miss attack. Or it can be used on enemies with a higher critical hit rate than normal.

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

That's a pretty cool and original idea. I like it and think we should design most status effects like that.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum