The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxis The Explorer

3 posters

Go down

Maxis The Explorer Empty Maxis The Explorer

Post  The Chartographer Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:11 am

I know we should be coming up with ideas for playable characters, but I really wanted to try this out. I was thinking we could use journal entries like these to help fill in the world. Also, I tried to incorporate my ideas on Maxis' character into the writing. I pictured him as a bit of an anti-social who is absolutely fascinated by the behaviors of human beings. Almost to the point of being an idiot at times.

Spoiler:

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Maxis The Explorer Empty Re: Maxis The Explorer

Post  Sir Spritefag Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 pm

This is great. I think these journal entries and more could be used for a treasure hunt sidequest in the bay of pirates. Say, your party finds the first journal entry, whish has some clues about a legendary treasure, you find more along the way and eventually find the treasure yourself, while fighting off pirates along the way.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Of course, it also has to be stressed somehow that EA owns Maxis at the moment, however. Keep that in mind. Perhaps we can make it so that EA tricked Maxis by offering him a great budget to continue his studies of human nature so long as he shared the info with him; Maxis is in fact so engrossed with his studies that he pays no attention to almost anything else and is completely unaware/has no interest in what EA even does to others with that information. Also, it might be somewhat funny if, during the final chapter of the game, after trudging through many of the trials of EA's lair, you wander into a room that completely resembles an average human bedroom, with Maxis vigorously writing away at a desk, all as our own arrangement of this song plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnKUyE2peDw. That kind of scene would probably very accurately represent how deep Maxis is engrossed in his own little world and how ignorant he is overall of EA's evil. Or, I suppose if you want to create a more serious mood in that situation, there's always this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2MFv2xe8yQ&feature=relmfu

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chartographer Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 am

I actually considered that, and I figure we should make him genuinely believe in EA. Yeah, EA's actions are questionable at best (horrifying at worst), but maybe he's just a bit misguided. And, no, this isn't the result of brainwashing, but years of friendship.

Maybe Maxis believes that by going out and gathering this information, he can give EA a proper perspective of the world and change things from the inside, through non-violence. Obviously, this isn't going to work.

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum