The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made

3 posters

Go down

Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made Empty Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made

Post  Silvergun1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:48 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really, really interested in having the soundtrack of the game be something extremely memorable. First off, I'd like the individual tracks to definitely be at least mp3 quality, but I'd like them to ALL be original arrangements and remixes of various songs from various vidya. I'm serious about this, I'd really like the music of the game to be an ambitious project. I'm talking about having one thread for each song that we're going to arrange, with a big discussion on how we'll arrange it and how we'll use it.

First off, though, we really, really need to find and decide on a proper program (or programs) needed to create the music. And we need to find people skilled enough to accomplish this stuff. Who's with me?

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made Empty Re: Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made

Post  Sir Spritefag Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm not the best composer around but I do mess around in FL Studio a bit and know SOME things.
If i ever get the musical urge, I'll post some of my own shit on here.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made Empty Re: Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made

Post  Dacious Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm

I love the entire idea of TLOV, and I'm a somewhat accomplished producer.

I'm available to remix anything I can get my hands on in MIDI form, or try my hand at transposing by ear. The point is, I can pretty much write to request. So if this sounds good to anyone, let me know.

soundcloud.com/dacious

is where you can find some of my work. The top three songs were on-the-spot creations for a game /v/ was "working on" last night that I haven't heard anything more about.

Dacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

This is actually very, very good to be hearing. Yes, I think it would be great to have you work on music for this game, and if anything, we should really put you to work. I'm not entirely sure how skilled you are...but...to test you, I want to see you do something with this song first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxqh18h7J5A
I do have an idea of where this song could go in this game so far, but first I want to see what you can do it. If you can, please do the following:
>don't let the transition from 8-bit to MP3 quality instruments let the soundtrack lose its energy, put plenty of spirit and charm into your arrangement
>those high-pitched notes from 0:13 to 0:19, try making them piano notes for now
>for the rest of the song, make the lead instrument accordion
Just try doing this for now, I guess. I don't exactly know too much about music myself, although I can hear a really well-designed song in my head when I try to think about this. So, if you can, try doing this for now, and then we'll make adjustments or whatever afterwards.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chartographer Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Honestly, I think the guy has skill enough. However, if we really, absolutely, positively must test the man, shouldn't we give him as much leg room as possible? I wanna see what he can really do when given a few vague guidelines and all the creative freedom he wants.

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Hm...well, I did kinda say that we can make adjustments afterwards, honestly. We'll see what happens.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Yeah, i mean since most of the music is gonna be remixed from game soundtracks we should just tell him what song to do, give a little guidelines concerning mood and whatnot and let him go wild.
After all, music is an art and artist do their best when they have freedom.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Hey, I got an idea if we're gonna test you anyway and it'll give you complete freedom.
Make a main theme for The Legend of Vidya.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dacious Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Okay so I completely forgot about this but now that my attention's been recaptured it's time to get to work.

I lol'd at the testing thing. I think it's a great idea. I haven't heard this Super Dodgeball song until now and I can see a lot of potential here. Already got the MIDI and I'm about to start work on it (at almost 3 AM no less). Provided I get enough time in the coming days you guys will have the answer to your test.

Dacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Dacious Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Also props on the whole 'understanding musicians' thing too. Stress-free environment, that's what I'm about

Dacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Glad to hear from you again, Dacious. Can't wait.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Extensivity of the Music and How It's Going to Be Made Empty Welp

Post  Dacious Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Two hours later, here's your application form.

Guests can't post links and I forgot my login. Check my SoundCloud.

I'm going to bed.

(P.S. I have a tendency to fuck with my projects after release, so this is an alpha of sorts. But rest assured you'll be getting the best quality rendition.)

Dacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Well, alright, the alpha does look interesting.
I guess the only request I can give about the final version is that it matches the snowy atmosphere it is meant to be played in a bit more.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Gotta say, it's pretty kick ass. As Silvergun said, just make it a bit snowier, and it'll be perfect.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dacious Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Snow, eh? I'll see what I can do.

I might read up through the forums to see if I can get on the same page as you guys, because you clearly have a vision for this. Hearing the original Super Dodgeball song and how upbeat it was, I figured you wanted me to match that tone. Listening back on it now, it sounds very Newgrounds/arcade-esque. I don't want that to be the case.

Dacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks Dacious, that sounds great.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 pm

It sounds like a good battle theme, being all upbeat and all. Keep that energy in it.
But it also should be kinda "snowy" (Dont really have a good way to describe it. Think Siberia from Timesplitters 2) and a little... Russian.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down