The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a question(more than one actually)

4 posters

Go down

I have a question(more than one actually) Empty I have a question(more than one actually)

Post  Jerems Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 am

Will the game's plot be entirely original, or will it follow the history of the game industry?
Are you seriously going to put in some fucking biodrones?
Is it going to only be one character that we follow?

I'm up for talking about any of these in more detail if you want

Jerems

Back to top Go down

I have a question(more than one actually) Empty Re: I have a question(more than one actually)

Post  Silvergun1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:50 pm

If you go into the character section and look for the Valve Corporation topic, you'll see I sort of came up with the idea of Valve having his own chapter.
Honestly, I'm starting to think that maybe you can control a different main character in each nation/chapter, and the final chapter consists of each party rounded up during each chapter rushing against time, each group wanting to be the one to wipe EA out of the world. Maybe depending on which party you beat EA with at the end, you could end up with a different ending. For example, if Valve and his party win, the game ends with Episode 3 finally being released.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

I have a question(more than one actually) Empty Re: I have a question(more than one actually)

Post  The Chartographer Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm actually a bit confused about this as well. Have we decided to go with following one MC throughout the whole story or willt he point of view shift with each chapter? Both options come with their own pros and cons.

If we followed one MC:
-Linear progression makes it lot easier to write the story
-Also makes it easier to keep track of the events
-We make our own MC it would be inconsistant what with every other character being a developer
-Following just ONE developer throughout would make us look like cock-sucking fanboys

If we shifted the point of view:
-Would make it easier to chronicle a lot of the history with as close to an unbiased eye as possible
-Would give it a sort of epic fantasy feel with each faction portrayed as both good and bad
-We might need to rewrite the chapter framework all together unless we don't mind letting the player revert back to lvl 1 every time
-Could very well end up a convoluted mess

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm

We could possibly make it so that we can switch between each party on each console nation at certain points. However, we'd just need to carefully decide how an interaction between two or more parties would work out. I'm thinking of something like this: since we've kind of decided that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are each going to have a chapter specific to each of them, each chapter can consist of a specific character building up a party. For example, Nintendo may step off of his throne and attempt to relive his glory days of defending the vidya with the help of his beloved friends Game Freak, Hal, Retro Studios, etc. We can already tell that this game is going to center around the threat that EA poses to the gaming world, so yeah, each chapter might consist of a character feeling "enough is enough" and deciding SOMETHING has to be done, and then trying to round up a party. For the Microsoft and Sony chapters, however, it'd be pretty safe to bet that neither Microsoft or Sony would work as these characters, so other characters would have to be chosen.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm

I've thrown around the mother 3 styled different character per chapter idea before. I've also supported the original mc idea as well. However, I think the mother 3 styled one works best. After all, it sticks with them whole devs only rule.
Silvergun's idea sounds the best.
Also, I think the game should follow game history, up until the present day, which is when an original story unfolds.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum