The Legend of Vidya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valve Corporation

4 posters

Go down

Valve Corporation Empty Valve Corporation

Post  Silvergun1 Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Alright, I've got a set of ideas about this character.

You know how Valve is coming out with their own console? And that it has the ability to play any PC game?
Within the game, that could be represented like this: For a long time, Valve has been thinking carefully. After witnessing and holding out against EA's failed attempt to create a kingdom of his own through an army that turned out to be incompetent (Origins), Valve has, despite his easy victory, decided that enough is enough; the full realization of EA's evil is clearer than it ever was before to him. However, he decides that the only way that he can really counteract EA's evil is if he has some sort of support from the console nations. Despite all the ways in which he strengthened it, the PC realm simply still doesn't have enough combined support to do the job. So the PC chapter of the game can actually consist of controlling Valve as he at first rounds up a party to accompany him on his journey to the console kingdoms, (I can totally imagine Eidos joining up with him), defeating a miniboss (maybe Zynga could be a cowardly prick who hides behind his livestock while they fight for him half of the time), gathering a few more members, and maybe conclude the chapter with him attempting to leave to the console nation with his friends, but deciding he has to wait a bit to stop Ubisoft, who has recently been seen sneaking through the Bay of Pirates leaving a steady stream of DRM. The battle with Ubisoft forms the main boss fight of the chapter, and then Valve and his party set sail for the console nations.
I tried.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Valve Corporation Empty Re: Valve Corporation

Post  SirSpritefag Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I like it. Don't really have much to say about it however.

SirSpritefag

Back to top Go down

Post  The Chartographer Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Going by the chart's description, I always pictured Valve as this Clint Eastwood-esque Lone Gunman who wanders into town, shoots up the filth , and leaves without even uttering a word. The way I see it, Valve as a company appears too humble to be the leader of the party. He can still be in it, don't get me wrong, but his role is like that of Auron from Final Fantasy X, or Han Solo from Star wars. He's not the main character, but he's one of the coolest mother fuckers there.

The Chartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Spritefag Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:48 pm

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, they're also the face of PC gaming, so they're too in the spotlight to be a lone gunman that just pops in and out.

Sir Spritefag
Admin

https://tlov.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvergun1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

We could probably have his description changed to make him more of a sheriff-like character, with a loose authority over his people; perhaps he's the leader of the one real democracy of the Vidya world, compared to other beings kings, etc. He's beloved by those who know he actually IS the leader of Steam to begin with, but he's more well known for some individual adventures.

Silvergun1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum